5 Simple Ways to clean up your diet
Does eating healthy seem overwhelming? I get it! There is so much conflicting information out there and so many different diets to try. It can be overwhelming sometimes just standing in the checkout line at the grocery store with all the magazine covers shouting all things you SHOULD be doing.
Eating healthy doesn't have to be complex. In fact, it can be quite simple if you let it be. To help you simplify things, I'm here to share 5 simple ways you can clean up your diet starting today!
1. Toss, hide, or donate all your trigger foods. That carton of ice cream sitting in the fridge so you can have just one bite (that turns into the whole container) while crying to This is Us. Toss it! That bag of chips you have in your cupboard for a few handfuls "that" time of the month. Give it to the kids next door! Get those foods that you felt guilty about buying, out of your house. Out of sight, out of mind!
2. Make healthy foods the first thing you see when you open the fridge or the cupboard. Keep a container filled with fresh cut veggies on the top shelf right where you can see it when you open the door for a snack. You'll be more likely to grab that over something unhealthy. Dried fruit, jerky, raw nuts as the first thing you see when you open the pantry so you reach for those over the chips or crackers. Trigger foods out of sight, healthy foods in sight!
3. Drink water. LOTS of water. Think about making water 90% of the liquids you consume throughout the day. Skip the sodas and sugary drinks. Grab a sparkling water or infused water (infused with fresh fruits, veggies or herbs) to quench your thirst, hydrate your body and fill you up.
4. Meal plan and prep on the weekends. I can't tell you enough how much meal planning can help you to eat healthier. Taking some time on Saturday to write out your meals, hit up the grocery store, then spend a few hours in the kitchen on washing, chopping and cooking can save you hours during the week. You'll be more likely to make healthier choices if you have the food prepped and ready to go! A few of my favorite foods to prep on Sunday are roasted veggies, fresh cut veggie sticks, homemade protein balls, grilled chicken, roasted sweet potatoes and egg casseroles.
5. Phone a friend. AKA find an accountability partner. A friend, family member, spouse who knows your working to eat healthier that you can text or call when you're on the ledge with a plate of cookies in front of you. An accountability partner can not only help to keep you on track, but can also make your efforts to creating a healthier lifestyle fun!
If you're looking for some accountability, or any other assistance making better health and nutrition choices, I would love to help you! Please check out my current programs and bootcamps I have available right now here and start taking the step towards better help!